CuttersMag is supported by its audience. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Best Plasma Cutters under $1500: Plasma cutters are welding machines or cutters that help you cut different kinds of metal alloys. You can also smooth down or trim the materials that you want. In the process of plasma cutting, the metals or electrically conductive materials can be cut by hot plasma.
What materials can a plasma cutter cut?
There is a wide range of materials, every plasma cutter has a set of materials that it can cut. Mostly any plasma cutter can cut stainless steel, steel, brass, aluminum, and copper through its plasma torch. Not just these, but more f other conductive materials can also be cut through it depending on the reliability of the plasma cutter.
What kind of plasma cutters do we have on the list?
About the plasma cutters we have written down below, all of those are completely those that satisfy your needs. We offer those plasma cutting machines that are portable, thus they are not just stuck to a single place due to its weight. You can always pick it up and take it away with you, wherever you desire, either your workplace or your house.
They are with different kind of precision, and the ones that are suitable for every kind of person. You can either cut alloys with it, trim your metal sheets, or even make patterns through it. The work done with it all depends on your needs.
People do have a huge amount of welding work to do, they are signed to do all of it. Seeking for a plasma cutter, one might not know which one is of the best ones to buy. Plasma cutters can also cost a good amount of money when you go buy them. We have prepared the list of the top ten best plasma cutters that you can find on amazon.
They are the most reliable and have an extremely nominal price. They are all perfect to fulfill your welding needs. The sizes are also extremely portable, the plasma cutters can be taken to any place any time.
Following is the list of the top ten plasma cutters that you can find extremely easily on amazon. Let us begin with the number one;
Top 10 Best Plasma Cutters under $1500
1. PRIMEWELD CUT60 60Amp Non-Touch Plasma Cutter
CUT60 Inverter Plasma Cutter is meant to be the best plasma cutter due to its refined cuts and its ease of operation. Also, it has the speediest reversal time that makes it one of the best plasma cutters.
The PT60 torches are surpassingly the most considered welding machines which are going to help you have a grip over your work. As technology advances, these 110v/220v plasma cutters are easily available with portable and comfortable sizes.
The CUT60 Plasma Cutter is designed in a way that it can cut any kind of stainless material or steel. Your welding issue can be fixed in a jiffy by using this plasma cutter. With the advancement of technology, the features of this plasma cutter welding tool have gone through an advancement too.
This welding machine absolutely accurate edges and also it consumes less power as compared to other plasma cutters.
- CUT60 PILOT ARC 3 year warranty 7 days per week support in the USA
- PT60 blowback cutting torch WITH EURO CENTRAL CONNECTION
- Blow-back start technology, Pilot Arc
- 60% duty cycle at 60amps, 110/220 with adapter
- Continuous Pilot Arc enables you to cut expanded, rusted, painted metals
2. Hobart 500564 Airforce 12ci Plasma Cutter
Airforce 12ci is the second-best plasma cutter on the list. With Airforce 12ci you don’t need to transport or buy a compressor with it. Also, the piston-driven air compressor in it permits very high portability of the system. It is only 26.7 lbs, it can be easily transported anywhere, this it is extremely handy and portable. Moreover, this plasma cutter provides a start arc option that is consistent before every cut, this also lowers the burnout of the tip.
It is designed in a way that it can stand any type of environment or any kind of tough working conditions. The duty cycle will automatically increase once the temperature of the environment decreases. The torch, as well as the consumables, is going to last longer by cooling them with the air that is released after the trigger.
With the help of diagnostic lights, it is extremely easy to indicate. The LED lights on the plasma cutter tell you about the temperature, power, and also about the torch readiness.
- 12-ft. (3.7 m) XT12R hand-held torch
- 12-ft. (3.7 m) work cable with clamp
- 7-ft. (2.1 m) power cord with plug
- Extra consumables (2 tips, standoff guide, electrode)
3. PRIMEWELD 50A CUT50DP Non-Touch Plasma Cutter
The Primeweld Plasma Cutter lies in the third position on our list. This widely used plasma cutter acquires a portable handle. To cut steel it uses the non-hazardous air that is meant to be compressed. This plasma cutter can be used to cut alloy steel, stainless steel, copper, mild steel, and aluminum. The definite pilot arch torch cuts through the rusty, painted, and rough surfaces very efficiently.
It is extremely useful for cutting both the thin metal as well as the thick metal; it can be done due to the dual voltage that it supplies. The Primeweld Plasma Cutter includes a ground clamp, plasma torch, air regulator, cable, air hose connections, and an air hose. The setting of the plasma cutter is very easy and accessible. Whenever you cut any type of material, it is designed in a way to give very smooth cuts to satisfy the customer.
The plasma cutter also does not heat up in various situations, but the temperature is set according to the environment of the place where it is kept.
- Great for cutting stainless steel, copper, carbon steel and aluminum
- HF non-touch arc-starting cutting Pilot-arc machine
- Cutting Thickness: 1/2” Clean Cut and 3/4” Severance Cut
- 50 Amps under 220V Frequency 50 and 60 Hz with operating air pressure as 75 [email protected] 5 CFM
4. Forney Easy Weld 251 20 P Plasma Cutter
The Forney Easy Weld 20 P Plasma Cutter stands on number fourth of our list. This plasma cutter is very easy to use and at the same time, it is extremely powerful. This plasma cutter weighs hardly 21.5 lbs which are 9.75 kg and thus it is extremely easy to handle and is portable. The Forney Easy Weld 20 P Plasma Cutter also features the technology of Drag Torch.
This type of technology helps you to drag the tip on the metal surface directly so that the cuts it provides us with are smooth and clean. This plasma cutter machine is a generator friendly machine that works on the 120V standard outlet; this makes the cutting of steel efficient and easy. Through this machine, you can cut a number of materials like stainless steel, mild steel, galvanized steel, aluminum, copper, and brass up to the depth of ¼ inches.
The aluminum cutting range for this plasma cutter is up to 3/6 inches. For the farm and ranch, auto body, metal art, contractor, and the do it yourself home projects, the right choice is The Forney Easy Weld 20 P Plasma Cutter.
- Cuts to thin plate metal up to 1/4″ (6.35 millimeters) of mild steel with ease
- With 3 diagnostic LED lights and can be plugged into a standard 20 AMP household outlet
- Features an integrated air pressure regulator and dryer
- Forney’s 120-volt Plasma Cutter is generator friendly so on the go welding and moving to different job sites without electricity is possible
- Includes a 13′ cutting torch, 8′ ground clamp, 20A-15A adapter, 1 additional electrode, and 1 additional nozzle.
- Dimensions: 15.125″ (384.18 millimeters) x 8.125″ (206.38 millimeters) x 12″ (304.8 millimeters) Weight: 21.5 lbs. (9.75 kilograms) Air compressor required (not included)
5. Reboot CUT50DL Pilot Arc 110V/220V Plasma Cutter
The Plasma Cutter Pilot Arc CUT 50Amp lies on number fifth of our list. It is the Duty Cycle Pilot Arc Air Plasma cutter that is designed with an inverter that has a very high frequency. It is specially designed for all types of welding works, whether it is at a workplace or at home.
The Plasma Cutter Pilot Arc CUT 50Amp can also be used to design patterns on metals, which acquires smoothness and precision. The cuts it makes are very clean, to the minimum it can cut up to half an inch, and to the maximum, it can cut up to 3/8 inches with the output current of 30A. Through the ultimate Plasma Cutter Pilot Arc CUT 50 Amp, you can easily cut alloy steel, stainless steel, copper, mild steel, chrome, and cast iron.
You can easily transfer voltage from 110 V to 220 V for your own home use with the air pressure of 60 to 70 PSI.
- Automatic 110/220V DC Dual Voltage 50A output 60% Duty Cycle
- Under 110V Clean Cut Thickness: 3/8 ‘’(9mm) output current 30A
- On 220V Carbon steel Max Rated Clean Cut Thickness: 1/2″(15mm)
- Air Pressure 60-70PSI.
6. CUT-50 Dual Voltage Plasma Cutter
The CUT-50 lies on number sixth of our list. It is meant to be designed newly and caters to the adjustments and meter that has been attached to the front of the plasma cutter. This plasma cutter also comes with a filter that has been found in the machine. The CUT-50 is the improved and new model that is designed to be easy to handle and more convenient to use by its users.
It is digitally controlled with 15 to 50 Amps and has a new advanced technology of an inverter. Moreover, its cutting performance is better than any other plasma cutter. The cuts it gives away are precise and fairly very smooth. It can be used for any sort of portable repair work or even in any sort of small projects done in business.
The precise CUT-50 can be used to cut the thickness of half inches to the minimum and 1 inch to the maximum.
- CUT-50 Professional Plasma Cutter Machine
- 13 Feet (SG55/AG60) Plasma Cutter Gun Assembly
- 11 Feet 600A Work Clamp with Cable
- 110V& 230V Power Adapter
- Air Filter and Pressure Gage (Installed inside the machine)
- Owner’s Manual
7. LONGEVITY Forcecut 40D Plasma Cutter
The FORCECUT 40D stands on number seven of this list. This plasma cutter machine is a full package in itself. The FORCECUT 40D touches all the extend of the criteria that a user might look for. This plasma cutter is meant to be the most portable generators and compressors. It is very powerful and at the same time, it is lightweight making it portable. The FORCECUT 40D is said to be more reliable than any of the plasma cutters.
This plasma cutter tends to never go out of date due to its advancement in it due to further technology. Its quality of cutting varies from half an inch to the minimum to 3/4th of an inch to the maximum. It can be used to cut all sorts of metals leaving away smooth edges and surfaces.
Through the FORCECUT 40D ultimate Plasma you can easily cut alloy steel, stainless steel, copper, mild steel, chrome, and cast iron.
- The FORCECUT 40D is capable of being hooked up to most portable compressors and generators
- Weighs 32 lbs and runs off 110v/220v 1-phase voltage making this unit the most portable plasma cutters on the market for its power
- Pilot Arc system automatically senses the loss of voltage and re-ignites the Pilot Arc allowing for the torch head to maintain an arc when cutting
- Whether you are cutting thin gauge materials or exotic metals up to 3/4″ severance mild steel, FORCECUT 40D offers superior cutting power for the price
8. PowerPlasma 50S PILOT ARC Plasma Cutter
The PowerPlasma 50S lies on number eight of our list of the best plasma cutters. Most of the people find it as the most amazing solution for their alloy cutting needs. As it is IGBT inverter designed, the size has been reduced due to which the weight is also very less. Due to its being very light and great portability it can be taken around anywhere anytime. The performance of The PowerPlasma 50S suffices its money range too, as this plasma cutter is very shallow on the money price.
You can easily compare its price to the rest of the plasma cutter machines, and surely you can’t find any machine like The PowerPlasma 50S. It also caters to the capability of dual voltage that makes work pretty easy for people. Even if the plasma cutter is set on 120 V, the output in 25 amps can easily cut the metal up to 3/16 inches.
The PowerPlasma 50S can easily startup without having contact with the metal and also helps in burning through the rust and paint very easily.
- Redesigned the new PowerPlasma 50S model with NEW upgraded IPT-60 torch.
- 50 Amps of professional cutting power.
- Blow-back start technology, Pilot Arc / 110/220v Dual Voltage.
- CNC port for light gauge CNC use / T2/T4 / TIP SAVER OPTION.
- Adjustable Post Flow timer of up to 60 seconds extends consumable and torch life.
9. Lotos CT520D 50 Plasma Cutter
The Lotos CT520D stands on number nine of the list. This plasma cutter has offered its user a number of welding and cutting functions. The Lotos CT520D can cut a number of metals and materials up to half inches wide minimum and 3/4th inch maximum with the ultra-voltage. It is just 32 lbs in weight which makes it easy to handle and makes it portable. This plasma cutter can be used for any sort of work, so it being portable it a favor to the users.
People using the Lotos CT520D can take it home from their workplace for certain welding issues or even take it to their workplace from home for certain heavy-duty welding. This plasma cutter also has a handle for transportability. Lotos CT520D is meant to be reliable in the eyes of people who tend to use this amazing plasma cutter. Not just the options it consists of, but you can also be given a foot pedal which is optional if you want to purchase it.
This ultimate compact Lotos CT520D plasma cutter uses air that is non-hazardous as well as compressed, which helps to cut material such as ally steel, stainless steel, copper, mild steel, and aluminum. It can be bought at an extremely nominal price, and so is affordable for everyone around.
- 50-amp air plasma cutter
- 200-amp DC TIG welder and DC Stick welder (High Frequency Start)
- Automatic dual voltage / dual frequency (110/220-volt 50/60Hz)
- Suitable for cutting and welding Stainless Steel, Mild Steel, Aluminum (cut only) and other metal materials
10. CORAL CUT50 50 Plasma Cutter
The CUT50 50 Amp plasma cutter is the stands on number ten of our list. This is the plasma cutter that you can get at an extremely nominal price. It is budget friendly and light on your pocket. The CUT50 50 Amp is made up of high-quality material which makes it this efficient. It is designed with an inverter technology with advancements. The life of the product depends on the quality and CUT50 50 Amp plasma cutter does have exceptional quality.
The work efficiency by using CUT50 50 Amp is meant to be increased by 30 percent than any other ordinary plasma cutter. Through this plasma cutter, you can get very smooth edges and surfaces of the material that you have been using it on. This CUT50 50 Amp plasma cutting machine has an LCD display which refers to all the updates on it. It is light in weight with high use of technology, thus it is portable and can be taken anywhere you like. It is designed in a way that it can automatically switch to dual voltage, just by sensing the requirement.
You can always plug it in and use it in any sort of environment and the machine is going to adapt accordingly. Being a professional plasma cutter, the CUT50 50 Amp can be used to cut alloy steel, stainless steel, copper, mild steel, and many other metals. The cutting thickness can vary from 1 to 20 mm to a maximum of 10 mm.
- Power voltage: 90V-260V（110V-220V）/50-60HZ
- Rated input capacity:4.8 KVA
- Current range:20A-50A
- Duty cycle:85%
- Insulation class: B
- Max cutting thickness:20mm
- Arc striking: Contact
- Packing dimensions:14*6*13 Inch
All these ultimate plasma cutters mentioned above are one of the finest ones from Amazon. All of them are extremely handy and yet are portable too. With the help of these luxurious plasma cutters, you can now do any kind of welding work at your work place as well as at your home. The acentric patterns can be made through this plasma cutter, which is a true innovation. No, you don’t need to wait for days and call specialized people to cut that aluminum BBQ cover for you, or for any other simple task that you can easily do.
Order the plasma cutter that you feel is fit for you from the above list, and the best part is that they all are under $1500, which is a great deal for such a piece of equipment. With the order of your plasma cutter and find the complete pack of things that you are meant to get with it. It means that nothing has to be ordered separately if you order any of the plasma cutters. Get the ordered plasma cutter on your door step and enjoy working with this handy equipment.